Have you tried fitness classes or have gone to the gym but walked aimlessly around not sure what to do? Here is a list of essentials to create your own workout that will help you start on the right foot.
1. Push Exercises: When you do a push-up workout, you're training all the upper body pushing muscles, i.e. your chest, shoulders, and triceps.
2. Pull Exercises: When you do a "pull" workout, you train the lower body muscles that pull, namely the back and biceps.
3. Leg Exercises.: The "legs" workout involves training your entire lower body, i.e. quadriceps, hamstrings, and calves.
4. Core Exercise: Keeping your core strong is an essential component of a well-rounded fitness program. Aside from occasional situps and pushups, however, core exercises are often neglected.d.
5. Mobility Exercise: Keeping muscles loose and mobile helps prevent them from becoming tight, immobile, and lacking movement in general - again, potentially leading to injury. Our body can only tolerate poor mobility for a certain amount of time before it tells us we have had enough.
Not sure where to start, join the 4-week getup and move challenge today.
Please keep these things in your mind. As a beginner, you're creating a foundation for your approach to your own version of fitness and everything that goes with it, so your foundation must be strong.